1 hand-picked student per month!
#1 Pass our online entrance exam.
#2. Call Sue at 276-4110 & Schedule & Pass an interview.
#3. Get your funding in place.
(Click here for the Alaska Student Loan Application)
#4. Get placed on our master student calendar.
#5. Start your training
MetrOasis® 2012 Student Catalog
Due to recent changes to the Alaska Student Loan Program
it now takes about four weeks to process student loans.
Don't wait until the last minute to apply for your student loan
or you may lose your space in our upcoming classes!
Interested in becoming a student?
2016 Tuition / Fees
Students Right of Cancellation and Refund Policy
'The student has the right to a "cooling off period" which expires at the end of the first day of a student's schedule attendance, and during which a student, upon submitting written notice of the institution, may cancel the enrollment contract and receive 100 percent tuition refund, less any application fee.' The student must cancel their student contract by giving written notice of cancellation to the school at 3701 E Tudor, Suite 103, Anchorage, Alaska 99507 before the beginning of the second day of the student's scheduled instruction. If the student withdraws before the beginning of the second day of instruction, money paid for Tuition, the Student Kit, the Books and Study Materials Kit, the State Permit Fee, and the lab fee will be refunded. 'All refunds to a student must be made within 30 days after receipt of notification of the student's withdrawal, or 30 days after the student's last recorded date of physical attendance, whichever is earlier.' 'The institution will acknowledge a student's cancellation or withdrawal, in writing with 5 business days of receipt the notification.' 'Student refunds shall be calculated from the last day of physical attendance.' Students must notify the school of their intention to withdraw before the beginning of the second day of the student's scheduled attendance by either hand carrying a written notification to the Director (complete with Director's signature as proof of delivery) or send a written notification by registered mail or certified mail. The student agrees not to hold the school responsible for any lost or misdelivered mail, or for any notice mailed by the student by any other method not listed here. Read this policy carefully, if you withdraw, there will be no "negotiation meeting" where you attempt to rewrite this agreement at a later date. THIS is the policy.
(1) For a period of time after instruction has begun but before the beginning of the second day of classes or the equivalent, the institution shall refund 100 percent of the tuition;
(2) for a period of time after the first day of class but not more than 10 percent of the classes has elapsed (165 hours), the institution shall refund at least 90 percent of the tuition;
(3) for a period of time after which greater than 10 percent but not more than 20 percent of the classes has elapsed (330 hours), the institution shall refund at least 80 percent of the tuition; after that,
(4) for a period of time after which greater than 20 percent but not more than 25 percent of the classes has elapsed (412.5 hours), the institution shall refund at least 55 percent of the tuition; after that,
(5) for a period of time after which greater than 25 percent but not more than 50 percent of the classes has elapsed (825 hours), the institution shall refund at least 30 percent of the tuition; after that,
(6) the institution may require the student to remain committed to the entire amount of the tuition.
The school registration fee of $50 is not refundable.
State of Alaska Requirements for Licensure in the Hairdressing Field
The MetrOasis® LLC Advanced Training Center follows the
State of Alaska's minimum requirements for completion of the
Hairdressing and Instructor Programs. The State's three requirements are as follows:
1. Students must be in attendance at a State-approved Hairdressing School for a minimum of 1650 hours for the Hairdressing Program, and a minimum of 600 hours for the Instructor Program.
2. Students must fulfill the practical operations and hour requirements established by the Board of Barbers and Hairdressers for the course chosen, either Hairdresser or Instructor.
3. Students must successfully complete the State Board Examination with a minimum grade of 75% in each facet of the examination, relative to the course taken. Upon successful completion of the examination and payment of all fees required by the State of Alaska, the State of Alaska will issue the appropriate license for the course taken.